Friday, December 12, 2008

Addyson Lee Adams



June 19, 2008, 7lbs 15ozs, 21in. @ 3:15pm


Addyson Lee Adams is our beautiful blessing from God. She was born on a Thursday afternoon. I have never felt so much love for someone in my life as I do my child. She is definitely an amazing gift. Daniel and I are so blessed to have a healthy child.

I started going into labor on that Tuesday morning around 4 am. I went to work that day but left around 3 pm because the contractions were starting to hurt. After Daniel got home from work that day we decided to head to the hospital because I thought it was time to go. The contractions were getting harder. After getting examined they sent me home. Apparently my contractions were too far apart to keep me there.

Wednesday night I had already been scheduled to come in and get ready for them to induce me that next morning. After a long miserable day I was finally given some drugs to ease the pain. The medicine knocked me out but only lasted for 2 hours. Lucky for me they allowed me a shot every hour. The medicine made me feel so hot!!! Poor Daniel, he was freezing and I was sweating but he took it like and champ and wrapped up in blankets. But really, who in their right mind would tell a pregnant lady in labor that they were going to mess with the thermostat!

Thursday morning the doctor came in and induced labor around 8 am and I got my epidural at 9:45 am. I can't describe the pain from the contractions during that time. When it was time to get my epideral all I could think about was how pretty my toes were. I had gotten a pedicure earlier that week. After the epideral, I was in heaven!!! PURE HEAVEN!!!

3:15 pm Addyson Lee Adams entered the world and we are so proud to have her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment